Thursday, March 12, 2009

Food, Cake and Rylee


Today was a stay-at-home-all-day kind of day!!! So around dinner time we were all antsy to get out. So we decided to go to the grocery store!!! Fun huh?:) Each of us got five dollars (except Gavin) to pick out something for dinner. We really had a lot of fun. Rylee chose Pop tarts and Mac & Cheese, I chose a can of soup and a bag salad and Jonathan chose yellow squash and and corn on the cob and ice cream (he went over:) It was a very interesting but super fun dinner.
This is my first cake that I have decorated!!! A few friends of mine and myself are taking a cake decorating class, which has turned out to be a lot of work:) but it's a lot of fun as well. I think I ate more frosting last night though than I have in a long time:) I'm excited to be able to decorate cakes for my kid's birthdays and for whenever I'm in the mood for cake:)

And last but not least my Rylee saying of the day:) Yesterday while we were out side playing Rylee found a dried up seed pod that was broken in half so you could see all the seeds (kind of like a pea pod) Any way, Rylee picked it up and very seriuosly said "Oh no, someone's teeth fell out!!) We got a good laugh out of that:)

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I like that cake, I have only made one cake with my decorating kit. I need a good frosting recipe b/c last one i made it wasn't good and you have to use so much that it over powered the cake. Any ideas! Love ya!

Rivera Family said...

I love this post. I should do that for dinner some time. The cake looks great!!! And I love the story about Rylee. Sure love ya guys!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake and Rachelle said...

That cake looks great! I love to do that. Though I'm not the best. It does make birthdays fun though. I wish I could take a class on cake decorating!

Skylar and Lauren said...

ur amazing linds! That cake is gorgeous, and I'm loving the mix and match it dinner Idea! Although there's NO WAY sky would be able to afford steak with $5 and im sure that's what he would want! Thanks for everything, ur an angel woman! stop rolling ur eyes-u know it's true! lov ya!

Jacob A. Powell, DDS said...

Hey Lindsay, thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday! I've finally figured out how to leave comments on other peoples blogs today!Your b-days on Tuesday, we need to have a girls night!By the way, cute cake!

Debbie said...

Hi! i dont know what happened to my post hahaha... but ne how UR SO FUN and CREATIVE!

Gina said...

Great work on the cake! I love Gavin's cupcake one too! Tal-en-ted!

Very cute saying by Rylee! Kids are the funnest things to be around! Laughter is always guaranteed!

The Cushing Family said...

Your cake is impressive! How on earth do you find time to do something like that? You are wonder-woman! Hope your last few months are finishing up fun! Believe it or not, you will miss where you're at. But, we're excited to have you back in Utah.